Friday, April 8, 2011

Reading List

Right now I am in the mood to read. I love reading. I love what I take away from a book once I am done whether it is fiction or nonfiction. I tend to read mostly Christian books (both fiction and nonfiction) but every now and then I branch out. Well right now I have quite the reading list. I am really not sure when I will finish all of these books but I am hoping to get through at least one or two by the time baby #2 arrives and I have even less time. All of these books came highly recommended. I will have to give my take on them later but I am sure they will not disappoint. Right now I have started Decision Points by George W. Bush and I am loving it. The other books are mostly for my personal growth as a wife, woman, and mother. I have always wanted to grow spiritually and I have daily strived to be a better more godly person but since becoming a mother there is definitely a since of urgency. I know she hears and sees everything I say and do. She watches my every move and looks to me for guidance and direction. I so want to bring her up to be a woman after God's own heart. So with that said here is my book list what does yours look like? 1. Decision Points by George W. Bush 2. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Vosenkamp 3. Treasuring God in your Traditions by Noel Piper 4. Shepherding A Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp 5. So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore

2 comments:

John and Brooke said...

I am reading A Thousand Gifts right now and loving it!!!
If you have never read Same Kind of Different As Me it is my favorite book of all time and I recommend it to everyone I know. I have read it 3 times now and it never gets old to me....

LauraK said...

I'm going to try out Noel Piper's book. Anything from the Piper fam has got to be superb!

I just finished Eric Metaxas' Bonhoeffer biography (EXCELLENT!) and am knee deep in Steinbeck's East of Eden which is surprisingly dark yet captivating.

Happy Reading!